The Kinard's...



Monday, May 5, 2008

New Kitchen and Laundry Room Floors

We finally have floors in our kitchen and laundry room! On top of that, they did it all in one day. They were suppose to be here for two days but was able to do it all in one day. I think it turned out really good. We will...let me rephrase that...I will have to repaint the baseboards again because the quarter round looks whiter. I really don't understand why because we used the same color paint. Who knows. I will have to do the living room, dining room, entry-way and hallway again since I'm sure it will look the same as the kitchen and laundry room. Boogers. Here are a couple of pics of our new floors. Whatcha think?

While they installed the floors today, Brody and I walked the "loop" at Wrightsville Beach. The “loop” is a circular scenic 2.45-mile path around the public park and scenic marshes and through the village of Wrightsville Beach. It's amazing and quiet a workout. You can definitely feel the burn in your legs. After our walk, we went to Chic-Fil-A and got the #2 comb0, Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich, fruit instead of fries, and a diet Dr. Pepper...yummy. Did you know that this chicken sandwich only has 270 calories and 3.5 grams of fat! Not too shabby. Beats the original chicken sandwich that has 410 calories and 16 grams of fat! How do I know this ? That is, if you are wondering. Go checkout www.dietfacts.com and it has a list of restaurants and their menu's. Believe me, you will become more aware of what you eat after looking it over. Sorry, I got a little side tracked. So after picking up my delicious lunch, Brody and I went to eat it at Hugh McRae's Park. My favorite park. They have a little pond with geese everywhere, beautiful flowers, a gazebo, an arch bridge over the pond, and cute little benches to sit. It's very peaceful. Its also a great place to go walking to. That's where we usually walk...a mile long...but I figured we had some time to kill, so we walked the "loop." It was a fabulous day.
The installers will be back on Wednesday to start the hardwood installation. Its suppose to take 3 days, but I don't think it will take that long...maybe 2. Can't wait!

No comments: