The Kinard's...



Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Cole Bros. Circus

Saturday night Brian and I went to the Cole Bros. Circus. I had imagined driving up to this huge tent with clowns walking around, games to play, elephant and camel rides, etc. Was it like that? No. There was a tent, a few concessions, and an elephant ride. That's it! We walked inside and it was a little better. They had pony rides for the little one's and they were so cute. Little kids had big smiles on their faces...too cute. They had a ring master and some freakishly tall. A manly looking women. She kind of looked like a transvestite. They had some pretty good acts. Of course they had the acrobats, and the guy that was shot out of a cannon. Cruel I know, but I was somewhat hoping that he would miss the net. Why? I don't know. My weird side I suppose. Unfortunately, there wasn't a lion tamer. How awesome would that have been! My favorite were the little dogs riding a pony and this so called "cowboy" and his house that drank from a coke bottle. It was cute. Overall, it was okay. It did bring a smile to my face. It was worth going. As the ring master said, "Everyday is circus day!"








No comments: