The Kinard's...



Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday.

The day so far has been lazy/somewhat productive day. I didn't roll out of bed until around 10am which was nice...I typically get up around 8 or so because Brody starts pawing me to get up to feed him and take him out. I suppose that's what I get having your dog sleeping in the bed with you...spoiled, right? After lying around for a bit, I decided to take a shower since I didn't take one yesterday. Gross, I know. I just really didn't feel like taking one. I'm sure Brian appreciated that since yesterday was Valentine's Day and all. I picked up some lunch from Pita Delite...we love that place. We both get the same thing every time...me, roast beef on wheat; Brian ham and cheese on wheat. It's oh-so good. I took Brody to Hugh McRae Park, one of my favorites in town, and had our daily stroll. Brody did somewhat okay. He barked at everyone and every dog he saw. I finally let him say "hello" to a couple of pooches just to shut him up towards the end of our walk. It was so nice outside, I decided to drive over to Wrightsville Beach and let him play in the sand a bit. Brody absolutely loves the beach! It was a little chilly out there, but it was worth seeing how happy he was...he's definitely living the high life. When I go to the beach, I love driving down Airlie Road. Its so pretty with the oak trees, Spanish moss, the harbor and there is a little "farm" I guess you would call it across the Airlie Gardens. It is such a relaxing drive...one of my faves about Wilmington.

For V-Day, Brian made me dinner. He baked some chicken and grilled asparagus (the asparagus was just for me since he doesn't eat any veggies besides corn). It was really, really good. I told him that he needs to cook more often, but he said no of course. I think he's definitely a better cook than I am. He even cleaned up afterwords...do I have a sweet man or what!? For me, I was pretty much worthless. After dinner I laid on the couch and watch chick-flick movies that was on USA and Oxygen...Sleepless In Seattle, Sweet Home Alabama, The Break-Up all night long. I have to admit that I was a little hungover from the night before. Brian was in Florence at his parents and I drank a bottle and a half of wine, consumed lots of turtles and made some chicken tortellini w/alfredo sauce. It was tasty. I did do a little shopping yesterday. There's this shop at Wrightsville Beach called Hallelu, check out there website http://www.shophallelu.com/. They have the cutest stuff. I never leave empty handed. I bought a really cute dress and a necklace. Prices there are affordable and stylish. It definitely has some vintage flare to it. I'm just ready for the weather to warm up so I can wear it. What do you think...cute,huh?

No comments: