The Kinard's...



Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm So Excited, I Just Can't Hide It!!

I booked a plane ticket to Mississippi! I had no intentions of going home, but yesterday I noticed on the work schedule that I'm not working on April 6th, which is a Monday. By not working on Monday, I have a little bit more of a weekend. The wheels started turning in my mind. Why not see what plane tickets were to fly home for the weekend. Mind you that I haven't been home since Christmas '07. It is WAY OVER DUE. Grant it, my parents have visited me since I've been in Wilmington, but I haven't seen my brother since my last visit home. Too long, I know! I'm really pumped about seeing him. I'm just ready to get back into God's country.

I really do miss Mississippi. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE North Carolina. But like Dorothy says, "There's no place like home." For me, MS will always be "home." You can't beat it. The food, hospitality (which means, just about everyone you pass on the road, you wave), pastures, agriculture, blues music...to just name a few. Mississippi is truely a gem, and you don't realize it until you are gone.

I remember growing up, I just couldn't wait to move. I wanted to be somewhere other than Mississippi. I didn't want to be like my parents. Living just miles from where I grew up. I just knew that there was something bigger and better than slow talkin', sweet tea drinkin, country music listen' Mississippi.

I have had the opportunity to live in Tennessee, Georgia and now North Carolina and nothing compares to the great Magnolia state. Now, Wilmington is beautiful. It's full of arts, kind people, historical downtown, the beach, great seafood restaurants, but I haven't yet found a great "honky, tonk...aka juke joint" bar to where they play good ole' blues/country music. Like I stated in a earlier post, Clarksdale is great place for blues music. Well, let me take that back, the Delta all together is great for the blues. If you ever travel to MS, please stop by the Delta. I do miss it!

Needless to say, I am a little home sick. I will probably get there and not want to come back. Pitiful. I just love my parents house. It's on 25 acres of land with a 3 acre pond right outside the house. I enjoyed going fishing and swimming in that pond growing up. It takes about 20 min to get into town. Perfect. My daddy built our house when my Mom was pregnant with me back in 1980. When I go home, I will have to take a pic of it to share. It's just lovely.

I am looking forward to seeing my family and friends. It will be good to catch up with everyone, especially my 92 year old Grandmother. Can you tell I'm pumped!!!

No comments: