The Kinard's...



Thursday, March 26, 2009

My poor baby.

Today was a very big day for Brody Bear, but I didn't intend on that happening. Brian took Brody to his groomer's, Olga's Dog Spa, to make him even more handsome. He HATES going to the groomers mind you. He shakes and shivers uncontrollably. By his reaction, you'd think that we were abandoning him forever.

So anyway, I picked him up around 1 pm and we were driving home and I noticed he kept squinting his left eye. His left eye was really runny and I noticed a film on his eye. I called Brian letting him know that I thought something was wrong and that I was going to take him to the vet, just in case something was wrong. Its a Mother's instinct I suppose.
I took Brody to his veterinarian, Wilmington's Animal Hospital, to let Dr. Stacy Ward take a look at his eye. While checking out his eye, she noticed he had several pieces of hair in his eye. She had to put a yellow dye to make sure that there wasn't an abrasion. Unfortunately, he had two small corneal abrasions. I have to put an ointment in his left eye three times a day for 5 days and take him back to the vet if I see it's not getting any better.

I feel so bad for him. He's a dog, he can't tell me if he's in pain. All I can do is use my judgement. He's my baby and I don't want anything happening to him. I want to protect him as much as I can.

No comments: