The Kinard's...



Monday, May 14, 2007

All in a days work...okay, maybe two...

Sunday morning I began packing up the apartment. I started around 10 am after watching church on television....I needed to listen to the gospel before my long day of work. First attempt, the kitchen. I wasn't planning on cooking any this week and I knew it would take the most time packing, I figured...what the heck. I started throwing away food I didn't want to carry with us and spices that had expired. After a several hours, I packed 5 boxes with a few more items still left out ...the majority is done though. Only things left are a few bowls and glasses. I need something to use for my daily cereal intake and diet coke consumption.



Next, the guest bathroom. That bathroom needed some TLC. We bathe Brody in that shower instead of using our shower. I bought some Kaboom...I LOVE IT! It took the soap scum right off without having to scrub with a Bristol brush. I think the bathroom is the cleanest its ever been. The new tenants won't have to worry about cleaning that bathroom. You could eat off the toilet...that's how clean it is. I know your suppose to say "It's so clean, you could eat food off the floor" but I haven't' moped the floor yet.

Okay, moving on to the outside of the washer and dryer. Now, that was disgusting. Dust and lent covered all over. It's so clean now...they look brand new :) After that, I took a little break to eat some lunch. By the way, Brian hadn't helped any at this point. He didn't get out of bed until 11:30 am. What am I going to do with that boy??

Later on in the afternoon, I started in the living room. That wasn't so bad. I had a few vases, picture frames and a few other home decor. After the living room, I was done for the day.

Today, I started around 8:30 am. I bagged the clothes that we donated to Goodwill. We had 4 large bundles and a box with some wall pictures, drinking glasses, pizza pan, comforter, sheets and drapes. I'm glad we aren't carrying unnecessary things that will just be in our way. I'm trying not to be so much of a pack-rat.
I finished the living room, both bedrooms and boxed my winter items. I'm glad we finished the majority of the packing because I know Brian wouldn't pack everything properly. He would have just thrown everything in the boxes without bubble wrapping....you know men. Anyway, I'm sick of moving...it's NO FUN!

No comments: