The Kinard's...



Sunday, May 6, 2007

Shopping Extraviganza

Yesterday, I drove down to Savannah to do a little shopping. After finding out that I got my job, I decided I needed to update my work wardrobe...I need to dress to impress :) I did a little damage to my checking account...spending almost $515.00! Before I went to Savannah, I spent $80.00...$40.00 on gas (that's getting ridiculous and I drive an Accord) and $40.00 to have my wedding ring and engagement ring soutered (however you spell it) together. The rest of the money was spent on clothes.

When I got to Savannah, my first stop was Target. I had looked online the other day to see their clothing options and I found a cute sleeveless black dress. I thought, YES, this would be so cute for work. So, when I got to Target they didn't have the dress. I was so disappointed. I thought I could have a sophisticated dress, but I was wrong. I browsed through their clothes rack, I didn't see anything that jumped out at me saying 'Buy Me.' Only thing a bought was a tall White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks that was inside...so yummy. Next stop, Ann Taylor LOFT!

ATL has the greatest work clothes I think. I just love this store. Plus, the prices are pretty reasonable...they always have sales. While going through their racks, I found a cute pair of tailored black Bermuda type shorts...they hit between the knee and ankle...great length. So, I looked at the price tag and it was on sale for $34.99, I was pumped about that. The sales lady came to me and asked if she could start a dressing room for me and I was like heck yeah. I found this beautiful silk skirt with colors of yellow, cream and brown. They had a sweater type shirt to go with it that was buy one, get the second 1/2 off. The shirt was $44.00 and the second was $22.00. I also grabbed a pair of brown pants, $80.00, just to try them on. I took my pieces to the dressing room to start trying them on. After trying on the skirt and the sweater shirt, I fell in love. It looked so good. It was a must have! Next, the shorts...they were a winner. I knew they would look perfect with a pair of pumps. Then the pants. I loved the pants, but couldn't make myself pay $80.00. I told myself, if I didn't see anything else, that I would come back for them. I decided it was time to check out. When the cashier rang my shorts, they showed $24.00...I was pumped. I didn't say anything. The damage I did, $160.00. That wasn't that bad, two shirts, shorts and a skirt...the skirt was $60.00.




Next stop, the mall. First store to visit, The Limited. Only thing I found were two pair for Drew Fit pants. I got a black pair and tanish color pair. Grand total: $100.00. For buying two pair, I got $25.00 dollars off. I was pleased with that. After The Limited, I went to Victoria Secret. I needed new undergarments. You can't beat their 5 for $25.00. I love their panties...so comfy and cute. I went to almost all of the women stores and I couldn't find anything else...disappointing. So, I decided I would go back to Ann Taylor LOFT. I saw other pieces that I liked, but I wanted to check the mall first before spending a nice chunk of change in there.

When I went back into the store, I figured they would say "Your back." Luckily, they didn't. I didn't get the pants they I really liked because I still couldn't make myself pay that much. I did find a black and white wrap dress, a black shirt and a black and white skirt. The dress was $70.00, the shirt $30.00 and the skirt $35.00. They too cute. Grand total: $135.00. I was pleased with my purchases. I had to make myself leave before spending anymore money.
(They didn't have a picture of the skirt)

Overall, I had a great day. Now, all I have to do is go through my closet and get rid of my old clothes and make room for my new ones. You gotta love shopping!!!

No comments: